On 2005-01-09, at 04.11, Irmen de Jong wrote:
Hello
using current cvs Python on Linux, I observe this weird
behavior of the readline() method on file-like objects
returned from the codecs module:

[...]

See how it breaks certain lines in half?
It only happens when a certain encoding is used, so regular
file objects behave as expected. Also, readlines() works fine.

Python 2.3.4 and Python 2.4 do not have this problem.

Am I missing something or is this a bug? Thanks!

It looks like the readline method broke at revision 1.36 of codecs.py, when it was modified, yes.

//Simon