On Jan 25, 2005, at 12:29, David Ascher wrote:

Steve Holden wrote:

Modulo some SQLServer features we're using.

Well free-text indexing would be my first guess. Anything else of interest? MySQL's free text indexing really sucks compared with SQL Server's, which to my mind is a good justification for the Microsoft product.

Freetext search is one of them, but there may be others (I think there are some stored procedure in some MS language). I'm hardly a SQL expert, or an expert on our ASPN infrastructure.

There is OpenFTS <http://openfts.sourceforge.net/> for PostgreSQL <http://postgresql.org>. I'm not sure how it compares to SQL Server's or MySQL's, but it's been around a while so I expect it's pretty decent.

-bob