At 12:21 AM 2/10/05 +0100, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
Phillip J. Eby wrote:
Yes, but not as a default behavior. Many people already consider the fact that tracebacks display file paths to be a potential security problem. If anything, the default traceback display should have less information, not more. (E.g., display module __name__ instead of the code's __file__).

Notice that this patch does not change the exception printing behaviour of Python at all. It just changes the implementation of traceback.print_exception, so it only affects code that actually uses this function. Furthermore, it only affects code that uses this function and is *changed* to supply the argument True for print_args.

I was just responding to the OP, who was advocating it for Python default behavior, or behavior controlled by the command line. That's why I said, "Yes, but not as a default behavior."