Irmen de Jong wrote:
I've looked at one bug and a bunch of patches and
added a comment to them:

Thanks! I have now processed the ones for which I found guidance. As for the remaining ones:

[ 756021 ] Allow socket.inet_aton('255.255.255.255') on Windows
Looks good but added suggestion about when to test for special case

So what to do about this? Wait whether he revises the patch? Accept anyway? Update the patch myself?

[ 1103350 ] send/recv SEGMENT_SIZE should be used more in socketmodule

So what do you propose to do? AFAICT, there is no definition of SEGMENT_SIZE in a TCP implementation, and I think we should not try to make up a value.

IMO, Python should expose sockets more or less "as-is". If the system
has a flaw, Python should expose it instead of working around it.

[ 1062014 ] fix for 764437 AF_UNIX socket special linux socket names

Can you please elaborate the problem? What is a "special linux socket name"?

Regardless, the comment of the other reviewer is also valid: any patch
needs documentation and test cases.

Regards,
Martin