On Wed, Mar 09, 2005, Tommy Burnette wrote:

> I'd say I'm +0.  fwiw- I've been using a locally-rolled OrderedDict
> implementation for the last 5-6 years in which insertion order is the
> only order respected.  I use it all over the place (in a code base of
> ~60k lines of python code).
>
> so there's another use case for you.  bust as you say, easy to do
> yourself...

Gee, I just found out I could have used an OrderedDict today.  (We're
using a dict that we're now having to add an auxilliary list to to track
when keys are added.)  (This isn't particularly an argument in favor of
adding OrderedDict to stdlib, but it's another use case.  Each dict key
contains a dict value; the subkeys from later-added keys are supposed to
override earlier subkeys.  The original implementation relied on subkeys
being unique, but that doesn't work for our new business requirements.)
--
Aahz ([EMAIL PROTECTED])           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"The joy of coding Python should be in seeing short, concise, readable
classes that express a lot of action in a small amount of clear code --
not in reams of trivial code that bores the reader to death."  --GvR