"Martin v. Löwis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'd like to encourage feedback on whether the Windows installer works
> for people. It replaces the VBScript part in the MSI package with native
> code, which ought to drop the dependency on VBScript, but might
> introduce new incompatibilities.

I had some strange experiences.

Windows2000:

I downloaded the 2.4.1c1 installer to the desktop and clicked on it.
It complained that it couldn't access the installer.

I then clicked on the 2.4.1b2 installer and that started ok. Cancelled it.

Repeated this sequence a second time. Same.

The third time I clicked on 2.4.1c1 it started up and installed
Python ok.

For ducks I installed Python at D:\"Python 2.4".  It installed in
the correct location, also found C:\Python24 and uninstalled that.

Python and IDLE appear to run ok.  Shortcuts on Run work, and file
association was updated, so right clicking a .py used IDLE from
Python 2.4.1c1, in no-subprocess mode.

--
KBK