Josiah Carlson wrote:

I once asked "Any other
use cases for one of the most powerful features of Ruby, in Python?"  I
have yet to hear any sort of reasonable response.

Why am I getting no response to my question?  Either it is because I am
being ignored, or no one has taken the time to translate one of these
'killer features' from Smalltalk or Ruby, or perhaps such translations
show that there is a better way in Python already.

My feeling is that it's the latter. I don't know about Ruby, but in Smalltalk, block-passing is used so heavily because it's the main way of implementing control structures there. While-loops, for-loops, even if-then-else, are not built into the language, but are implemented by methods that take block parameters.

In Python, most of these are taken care of by built-in statements,
or various uses of iterators and generators. There isn't all that
much left that people want to do on a regular basis.

University of Canterbury,          | A citizen of NewZealandCorp, a       |
Christchurch, New Zealand          | wholly-owned subsidiary of USA Inc.  |