Fredrik Lundh wrote:

Regardless, I believe that solving generator finalization (calling all
enclosing finally blocks in the generator) is a worthwhile problem to
solve. Whether that be by PEP 325, 288, 325+288, etc., that should be
discussed. Whether people use it as a pseudo-block, or decide that
blocks are further worthwhile, I suppose we could wait and see.

Agreed.

I agree, in fact I think that solving that issue is very important before/if ever introducing a generalized block statement because otherwise
things that would naturally be expressible with for and generators will use the block construct which allow more variety and
so possibly less immediate clarity just because generators are not good at resource handling.