Guido van Rossum wrote:
And surely you exaggerate.  How about this then:

    The with-statement is similar to the for-loop.  Until you've
    learned about the differences in detail, the only time you should
    write a with-statement is when the documentation for the function
    you are calling says you should.

I think perhaps I'm not expressing myself very well. What I'm after is a high-level explanation that actually tells people something useful, and *doesn't* cop out by just saying "you're not experienced enough to understand this yet".

If such an explanation can't be found, I strongly suspect
that this doesn't correspond to a cohesive enough concept
to be made into a built-in language feature. If you can't
give a short, understandable explanation of it, then it's
probably a bad idea.

Greg