At 01:28 PM 5/18/2005 -0400, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> > Okay.  Maybe we should just update PEP 325, then?
>
>-1.
>
>Keep this separate.

Have you read PEP 325 lately?  Mostly the change would consist of deleting
rejected options or moving them to a rejected options section.  The only
other change would be adding a short section stating how throw() would work
and that it's being made public to support the future use of generators as
flow-control templates.

A new PEP would have to copy, reinvent, or reference large chunks of PEP
325, resulting in either redundancy or excess complexity.

Or are you suggesting a new PEP for throw(), containing *only* an
explanation of its semantics, and then modifying PEP 325 to indicate that
it will be implemented using the new PEP's 'throw()'?  That's about the
only scenario that makes sense to me for adding a new PEP, because PEP 325
is already pretty darn complete with respect to close() and GC.