I'd like to start the subversion switchover this coming Wednesday,
with a total commit freeze at 16:00 GMT. If you have larger changes
to commit that you would like to commit before the switchover, but
after that date, please let me know.

At that point, I will set the repository to read-only (through a
commitinfo hook), and request that SF rolls a tarfile. I will then
notify you when the Subversion repository is online.

If you have sandboxes with modifications, it might be good to
cvs diff -u them now. I plan to keep the CVS up for a short while
after the switchover (about a month); after that point, you will
need to get the CVS tarball and retarget your sandbox to perform
diffs.

I'm not aware of a procedure to convert a CVS sandbox into an SVN
one, so you will have to recheckout all your sandboxes after the
switch.

Regards,
Martin