On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 12:44, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

> What do others think? I personally found those long subject lines
> listing all the changed files very ugly and unreadable.

Me too.  At work our subject lines contain something like:

Subject: [SVN][reponame] checkin of r12345 - dir/containing/changes

Note that we send a different commit message for every directory the
change happens in, even though it's all one revision.  We like it that
way because some people don't care about certain directories and can
filter based on that.

Inside the body of the email you'll see something like: