[Greg Ewing]

>> All development is done in house by French people.  All documentation,
>> external or internal, comments, identifier and function names,
>> everything is in French.

> There's nothing stopping you from creating your own Frenchified
> version of Python that lets you use all the characters you want, for
> your own in-house use.

No doubt that we, you and me and everybody, could all have our own
little version of Python.  :-)

To tell all the truth, the very topic of your suggestion has already
been discussed in-house already, and the decision has been to stick to
Python mainstream.  We could not justify to our administration that we
start modifying our sources, in such a way that we ought to invest
maintainance each time a new Python version appears, forever.

On the other hand, we may reasonably guess that many people in this
world would love being as comfortable as possible using Python, while
naming identifiers naturally.  It is not so unreasonable that we keep
some _hope_ that Guido will soon choose to help us all, not only me.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca