[Steve Holden]
> Is there any way to affect the target of the very prominent "Download
> Python" link on
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/python/ ?
>
> I ask because the link currently takes you to a page whose title is
> "Exiting with Error" and whose content is largely "No File Packages".
> While it's not where you arrive from a Google search for "python
> download" it is nevertheless a legitimate way (just now) to approach the
> project, and should therefore really be live.
>
> Is there any chance some SF admin could point it to
>
>      http://www.python.org/download/

Sorry, looks like SF auto-creates the download "button", hardwired to
the project's SF "Files" section.  The Python project doesn't have any
files on SF anymore.

If you go to

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/zodb/

you'll see the equally prominent "Download ZODB and ZEO" button,
pointing to that project's equally ZODB-free Files area.  But, in that
case, you'll see that there _is_ a package, named README, with a
"release" named "How to get the source".  If you click on that and
fight your way through the download process, you eventually end up
with file "zodb.txt", which contains a real download URL for ZODB
<wink/sigh>.

Overall I'm not sure that's an improvement, but it was the best I
could come up with 2 years ago when ZODB stopped using SF for
downloads.