On 04/17/2018 06:26 AM, Paul Moore wrote:

I should also point out that I remain -0 on this proposal (I'd already
said this on python-ideas, but I should probably repeat it here). For
me, the use cases are mostly marginal, and the major disadvantage is
in having two forms of assignment. Explaining to a beginner why we use
a := b in an expression, but a = b in a statement is going to be a
challenge.

I don't see the challenge: They are different because '=' came first, but using '=' in an expression is a common source of bugs, so there we use ':=' instead.

--
~Ethan~