On 6/23/2018 1:09 PM, Zachary Ware wrote:
On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 11:31 AM, Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu> wrote:
I have suggested that, and before that, the same for buildbots.  The reality
is that tkinter, IDLE, or turtle could be disabled on *nix by regressions
and the official testing would not notice.

I'm looking into enabling the GUI tests on some of the CI hosts today,
not sure how far I'll make it with that.  GUI tests are currently
enabled on my Gentoo [1] and Windows [2] builders, and have been for a
couple of years at this point; I'm not sure if any other builders are
running GUI tests.

I noticed your Gentoo builders running gui tests some years ago. When I re-checked perhaps a year ago, they either were not running or seem to have skipped test_idle, maybe the former.

[1] http://buildbot.python.org/all/#/workers/6
[2] http://buildbot.python.org/all/#/workers/11

Rechecking now, on Gentoo

test_idle appears and passed on these 3.6 and 3.7 pages
http://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/82/builds/414/steps/5/logs/stdio

Neither Firefox nor Edge can find 'test_idle' on these 3.x pages
http://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/103/builds/1149/steps/5/logs/stdio
http://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/99/builds/1130/steps/4/logs/stdio

test_tk appears on 1130 but not 1149

For your 8.1 bot: test_idle passed for 3.7
http://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/133/builds/339/steps/3/logs/stdio

but does is not found on this 3.x page (neither is 'test_tk')
http://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/12/builds/991/steps/3/logs/stdio

Both Appveyor and my machine run test_idle when running the full 3.x test suite.

--
Terry Jan Reedy