On 10/4/18 9:34 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:
Hi,

If IBM wants a better Python support, it would help a lot if IBM pays for this development. With money, you can easily find core dev contractors. Antoine Pitrou has been paid in the past to enhance Python support in Solaris and it worked well.

Michael explicitly said this is a personal effort. IBM or other big money is not involved.

Is paying the best way to get features into Python? Does becoming a core dev mean you can now get paid for approving changes? Some of the implications are quite disturbing :(