Le jeu. 15 nov. 2018 à 01:06, Gregory P. Smith <g...@krypto.org> a écrit :
> I expect the largest visible impact may be that a profiler may now attribute
> CPU cycles takes by these code snippets to the function from the .h file
> rather than directly to the functions the macro expanded in in the past due
> to additional debug symbol info attribution. Just more data. Consider that a
> win.

Oh. That's very interesting.

I just tried gdb and I confirm that gdb understands well inlined
function. When I debug Python, gdb moves into Py_INCREF() or
Py_DECREF() when I use "next".

I also tried perf record/perf report: if I annotate a function
(assembler code of the function), perf shows me the C code of inlined
Py_INCREF and Py_DECREF!

That's nice!

Victor