And for what it's worth, most of the really active contributors from distutils-sig seem to prefer the "Packaging" category at https://discuss.python.org/

If you'd prefer to use Discourse, I'd suggest posting there first and also email distutils-sig with a link to the discussion. Otherwise, go straight to distutils-sig (just don't be too surprised if you don't seem to get much traction there or if someone restarts the discussion on Discourse for you).

Cheers,
Steve

On 19Feb2019 1341, Brett Cannon wrote:
Unfortunately you're still posted to the wrong list, Alexander. You want to mail distutils-...@python.org <mailto:distutils-...@python.org> where packaging discussions occur.