On 21Feb2019 0557, Cheryl Sabella wrote:
If you find anything you think is suitable, please add a comment with 'good first issue' and nosy me or Mariatta on it.  If you're unsure, then nosy us anyway.  It would be awesome to have too many issues to choose from than not enough.  If an issue isn't worked on at the sprint, then it would still be available to new contributors afterwards, so the exercise of flagging the issues wouldn't be wasted effort.

I agree completely. We normally add the "Easy" or "Easy (C)" keywords to mark these (the latter for issues that involve C code), and these are collected under the "Easy issues" link at the left hand side of the tracker.

Any reason to change from this process?

Cheers,
Steve