On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 19:09:37 -0400
David Mertz <me...@gnosis.cx> wrote:

> There are various possible behaviors that might make sense, but having
> `d.values() != d.values()` is about the only one I can see no sense in.

Why? Does the following make no sense to you?

>>> iter(()) == iter(())
False

Python deliberately allows you to compare everything with everything,
at least for equality.  Perhaps it shouldn't, but it's too late to
design the language differently.

> This feels similar to NumPy arrays, that also will not compare for equality
> in bare form.

They will, but then they return an array of booleans.

>>> a = np.array([1,2])
>>> b = np.array([1,3])
array([ True, False])

Regards