11.08.19 23:07, Glenn Linderman пише:
On 8/11/2019 1:26 AM, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
10.08.19 22:10, Glenn Linderman пише:
I wonder how many raw strings actually use the \"  escape productively? Maybe that should be deprecated too! ?  I can't think of a good and necessary use for it, can anyone?

This is an interesting question. I have performed some experiments. 15 files in the stdlib (not counting the tokenizer) use \' or \" in raw strings. And one test (test_venv) is failed because of using them in third-party code. All cases are in regular expressions. It is possible to rewrite them, but it is less trivial task than fixing invalid escape sequences. So changing this will require much much more long deprecation period.

Couldn't they be rewritten using the above idiom? Why would that be less trivial? Or by using triple quotes, so the \" could be written as " ? That seems trivial.

Yes, they could. You can use different quote character, triple quotes, string literal concatenation. There are many options, and you should choose what is applicable in any particular case and what is optimal. You need to analyze the whole string literal and code transformation usually is more complex than just duplicating a backslash or adding the `r` prefix. For example, in many cases `\"` can be replaced with `"'"'r"`, but it does not look pretty readable.

See https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/15217.