> On 30 Oct 2019, at 20:26, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:
>
> On behalf of the steering council I am happy to announce that as
> BDFL-Delegate I am accepting PEP 602 to move us to an annual release schedule
> (gated on a planned update; see below).

Thank you, I'm excited!

Nit:

> * 3 months for betas instead of 2

3 months instead of 4. But keep the number of releases, just compressing the
timing between them slightly.

> * 2 months for RCs instead of 1

Yes. This allows for synchronizing the schedule of Python release management
with Fedora. They've been historically very helpful in early finding
regressions not only in core Python but also in third-party libraries, helping
moving the community forward. It seems like a bargain to make a slight
adjustment of our schedule to help Fedora help us make 3.9 and beyond better
releases.

I'll make the necessary adjustments to PEP 602 first thing in the morning (hi
from Poland!).

> As part of the shift to a 2 year deprecation time frame I will be restarting
> discussions around PEP 387 as BDFL-Delegate so we can have a more clear
> deprecation and backwards-compatibility policy as well for those that find an
> annual cycle too fast which will be updated to reflect this two year time
> frame (head's up, Benjamin 😉).

Looking forward to that!

- Ł