> BTW, I think 2to3 can help to move from 2&3 code to 3-only code.

> Instead, we can do:

> * Don't recommend u-prefix except in Python 2&3 code.
> * Provide a tool to remove the u-prefix.

+1, this seems like the smoothest way of handling it and has very minimal
impact on users. In 5+ years from now as u-strings become increasingly
rare, we can consider a long term deprecation process. In the meantime, any
tools we can provide to automate the process of converting them will make
the transition that much easier.