Steven D'Aprano and I have pushed a third draft of PEP 584:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0584/

The accompanying reference implementation is on GitHub:

https://github.com/brandtbucher/cpython/tree/addiction

For those who have been following the discussions over the past year on
python-ideas, this new draft does not contain much additional content; the most
notable difference is that the choice of operator has been changed from + to |.
The rest of the revisions are mostly reformatting and reorganizing the
information to bring the document in line with PEP standards.

Please let us know what you think – we'd love to hear any *new* feedback that
hasn't yet been addressed in the PEP or the related discussions it links to!

Thanks!

Brandt