> But Dennis, welcome to the wonderful world of change proposals, where
> you will experience insane amounts of pushback and debate on the
> finest points of bikeshedding, whether or not people actually even
> support the proposal at all...

Lol -- thanks!

In my mind, another reason that I like including the words "prefix" and
"suffix" over "start" and "end" is that, even though using the verb "end" in
"endswith" is unambiguous, the noun "end" can be used as either the initial or
final end, as in "remove this thing from both ends of the string. So "suffix"
feels more precise to me.