On 26.03.2020 11:59, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
26.03.20 01:35, Ivan Pozdeev via Python-Dev пише:
E. g. in this case, AF_UNIX is a member of some entity called "AddressFamily" -- so I would search the code for "AddressFamily" to see what I'm looking at and what else I can do with it. The fact that it's also directly availabe from the `socket` module is incidental: it could be as easily made available from anywhere else -- not even a module.

AF_UNIX is and always was available from the socket module. It is not incidental. AddressFamily is an implementation detail, it is just a way to add fanny repr and other properties to this constant. In any case the information about AddressFamily and its members will be kept in the help output.

See my earlier replies to Chris Angelico why showing the implementation matters for repr() and how this misrepresentation breaks the documented repr() standard and debugging.

https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/message/NNBYZBV7YAXKSSNDZIHK54F3XGBSFZMV/
Regards,
Ivan

--