On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 9:08 PM Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettin...@gmail.com <mailto:raymond.hettin...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    [GvR]
    > We should not try to import JavaScript's object model into Python.

    Yes, I get that.  Just want to point-out that working with heavily
    nested dictionaries (typical for JSON) is no fun with square
    brackets and quotation marks.

Yeah, I get that too. So maybe this should be limited to JSON? Could the stdlib json library be made to return objects that support this (maybe with an option)?

I replied in the issue, not noticing the discussion was happening here after getting interrupted with something else.

But I use my implementation (uploaded to the issue) for many things besides JSON. Such a feature is just too practical not to be Pythonic.