On 06May2020 23:05, Serhiy Storchaka <storch...@gmail.com> wrote:
06.05.20 00:46, Victor Stinner пише:
Subinterpreters and multiprocessing have basically the same speed on
this benchmark.

It does not look like there are some advantages of subinterpreters against multiprocessing.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the example that comes to my mind is embedding a Python interpreter in an existing nonPython programme.

My pet one-day-in-the-future example is mutt, whose macro language is... crude. And mutt is single threaded.

However, it is easy to envisage a monolithic multithreaded programme which has use for Python subinterpreters to work on the larger programme's in-memory data structures.

I haven't a real world example to hand, but that is the architectural situation where I'd consider multiprocessing to be inappropriate or infeasible because the target data are all in the one memory space.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>