I fear that my comment on some text in the PEP was lost amidst the voting, so I'm repeating it here. This will probably screw up some threading, but this is the oldest message I have to reply to.

The PEP says "At most one additional item may be consumed from one of the iterators when compared to normal zip usage." I think this should be prefaced with "If ValueError is raised ...". Also, why does it say "at most one additional item". How could it ever be less than one?

And I'm not sure I'd say "normal zip usage", maybe "the existing builtin zip function".

Eric