Le mer. 24 juin 2020 à 21:16, Stefan Behnel <stefan...@behnel.de> a écrit :
> It couldn't because even today it is still fairly difficult to convert
> existing code to the limited API. Some code cannot even be migrated at all,
> e.g. because the entire buffer protocol is missing from it. Some bugs were
> only fixed in Py3.9, time will tell if anything else is missing.
>
> The only major project that I know has been migrated (recently, with a lot
> of effort) is the PyQt project. And a GUI toolkit probably doesn't have all
> that many performance critical parts that are dominated by the CPython
> C-API. (I'm just guessing, it probably has some, somewhere).

I created https://bugs.python.org/issue41111 to propose to convert a
bunch of stdlib extensions to the limited C API to eat our own dog
food: to ensure that the limited C API is usable, or not just a
"technology demonstration".

I listed missing features of the limited C API, like getbuffer and
releasebuffer.

> We are adding a C compile mode for the limited API to Cython.

That's really great!

Victor