On 6/28/20 11:02 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> Yep! A number of PEPs have "Objections" sections. I think that'd be a
> good title for it.

Yes, that was my thought. Have the PEP author include a summary of the
major objections, and their defense to those objections. (The presence
of the defense doesn't mean that the object HAS been overcome, but
documents the authors opinion of why the PEP should be able to be accept
dispite that objection, the final decision still will rest on the
Steering Committee or their delegate).

If the Objections section is well written, then opponents can refer to
the section and simply restate their objection, and it will somewhat
organize the opposition. If the Objections section is NOT well written,
that might be a sign that the PEP needs work as the author doesn't seem
to have understood some of the objections, and cleaning up that section
may bring more clarity to the PEP as a whole.

--
Richard Damon