On 28/06/2020 21:47, Daniel Moisset wrote:
I've been going over the PEP this weekend, trying to get a
deeper understanding of what are its main ideas and consequences, and wrote
some notes. I'm not posting the notes directly to this list because it's a
bit of a long read, but I also tried to make it helpful as an analysis for
people involved in the discussion. So here's a link:
https://github.com/dmoisset/notebook/blob/811side
of thingsbf66/python/pep622/understanding-pep-622.md
<https://github.com/dmoisset/notebook/blob/811bf66/python/pep622/understanding-pep-622.md>
.
I may update this in master, but for clarity I'm permalinking the current
version.

I'll soon switch to "proposing solutions" mode (rather than "analysis mode"
as this text is) soon, but needed to do this first, and hopefully this
helps someone else in this list organise ideas.

Thank you for that, Daniel. That's a very nice analysis that makes my own misgivings clearer and put some of them to rest. I think you are right that generalised destructuring is probably the thing to concentrate on; once we have something cohesive there, pattern syntax should become a lot more obvious.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd