On 7/17/20 8:26 AM, Gustavo Carneiro wrote:

I kind of agree it is nicer to be more explicit.  But somehow x= looks ugly. It occurred to me (and, again, apologies if already been mentioned), we might use the `as` keyword here.

The problem with any kind of sigil/keyword is that it becomes line noise -- we would have to train ourselves to ignore them in order to see the structure and variables we are actually interested in. Once we become adept at ignoring them, we will again have difficulties when debugging as we won't easily see them.

Besides which, the problem is solved:

- namespace.var is a lookup
- var is a store

--