On 11/8/2020 5:51 PM, Inada Naoki wrote:
On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 3:46 AM Riccardo Polignieri via Python-Dev
<python-dev@python.org> wrote:

Rather, I am slightly concerned about the method in itself - that a deletion
may occur following only a brief exchange on the bug tracker.

Again, I did it following not only a brief exchange on the b.p.o., but
also long discussion in Python-dev.

When I act on an issue on the basis of a pydev discussion, I hopefully remember to avoid such after-the-fact concerns by mentioning the thread with a title and brief summary. Example: "In pydev thread 'xxxx', 3 of 4 coredevs agreed with this change." (Made up numbers do not refer to any particular issue.) FWIW, I agreed with this particular change also.

> exception chaining is described well in other place

If on the ball, I would have mentioned this also, and where.

--
Terry Jan Reedy