Le sam. 14 nov. 2020 à 14:43, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > My remaining problem is that my PR changes PyConfig_Read(): it no
> > longer computes the Python Path Configuration, since it is now
> > implemented in Python. IMO it's an acceptable drawback compared to the
> > benefit of these new features.
>
> Even though I wouldn't expect it to be controversial, it's probably
> worth writing up this migration of the path configuration code from C
> to Python as a PEP, along the lines of what we suggested in the last
> part of the PEP 432 withdrawal notice.
>
> The change has the potential to produce unexpected consequences for
> folks inadvertently relying on the quirks of the current
> implementation, and having the PEP there to cover the technical
> details means we can provide more information than could be squeezed
> into a single paragraph in the What's New document.

I agree that a PEP would be a good way to communicate the rationale
and the API changes. I have to think about it ;-)

The tricky part is always the backward compatibility part, since this
change is clearly backward incompatible on purpose. Since it's a "new"
API (Python 3.8, released in October 2019), maybe it would be
acceptable.

Victor