> On 22 Feb 2021, at 10:15, Paul Sokolovsky <pmis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It looks like:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "pseudoc_tool.py", line 91, in <module>
>  File ".../xforms.py", line 25, in print
> TypeError: unexpected keyword argument 'noann'
>
> - that makes clear that it's "print" function of "xforms.py" module,
> line 25, which got an unexpected keyword argument.

You are proposing to fake a stack frame that I have to know is not a stack
frame but is in fact the location of the function in the exception?
I'm -1 on that as its confusing.

Having checked that its python code and not a C extension function you could
use the info
in fn.__code__ to get the filename and line of where the function is defined
and put that info into the exception.

Example of the info:
<code object join at 0x7fb19aebc7c0, file
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/posixpath.py",
line 71>

I use repr(fn.__code__) a lot when debugging complex code.

Barry