On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 12:35 AM Greg Ewing <greg.ew...@canterbury.ac.nz>
wrote:

> While I don't particularly mind if we get ExceptionGroup, giving
> it special magical semantics, and especially new syntax, seems like
> bringing a massively overpowered weapon to bear on something that
> will only be used rarely.
>
> Handling multiple exceptions from an ExceptionGroup could be done
> using a loop with pattern matching, so is except* really justified?

It is of course an option to split the PEP into two, add ExceptionGroup
first and then ask ourselves if we want except*.
We do have some experience with this from the Trio experiments with
MultiError though, so we are not starting from scratch.

Can you spell out how you see ExceptionGroup handling work with pattern
matching?