On 30/03/2021 19.01, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Hello Mario,
>
> Thank you for your submission of PEP 648 (Extensible customizations of the
> interpreter at startup).  The Python Steering Council has reviewed the PEP
> and before we can pronounce on it, we have some additional questions and
> comments we’d like you to address.  Once these questions are settled, we are
> requesting that you post the PEP to python-dev for another round of comments.

Hi Mario,

could you please include a security analysis of the feature, too? I
would like to avoid new ways to exploit Python.

In particular I don't think that -S (no site module) is the right way to
disable __sitecustomize__. It disables too much useful features. It
might be a good idea to disable __sitecustomize__ with -I (isolated mode).

There should be a new audit event, too.

Christian