On 5/12/2021 1:40 PM, Mark Shannon wrote:

This is an informational PEP about a key part of our plan to improve CPython performance for 3.11 and beyond.

What is the purpose of this PEP? It seems in part to be like a Standards Track PEP in that it proposes a new (revised) implementation idea for the CPython bycode interpreter. Do you not intend this to not constitute approval of even the principle?

One of the issues in the new project gave formulas for the cost versus benefit calculations underlying specialization. Depending on your purpose, it might be good to include them. They certainly gave some clarity to me.

--
Terry Jan Reedy