On 13. 05. 21 11:45, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

Le 13/05/2021 à 11:40, Irit Katriel a écrit :

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 10:28 AM Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org <mailto:anto...@python.org>> wrote:

      I agree that <optional> is a reasonable spelling.

"<derived>" makes think of a derived class, and leaves me confused. "<implicit>" is a bit better, but doesn't clearly say what the default value is, either.  So in all cases I have to read the docstring in addition to the function signature.

Is <default> the term you're looking for?