On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 8:51 PM Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer <
arj.pyt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great news, just a tiny bit from me.
> I read the other day in the OpenSource report
> sponsored by the Ford Foundation a CPython
> contributor stating that we have an all time high
> count of Python users but an all time low number of
> contributors to CPython.

There's also (probably, I didn't count myself) a record number of Python
implementations that are not CPython (including Cython, Pythran and similar
projects) as well as CPython forks (Pyjion, Pyston, the project announced
by Guido, etc.)

Also: judging from https://github.com/python/cpython/graphs/contributors,
the "all time low number of contributors to CPython" assertion doesn't seem
to hold. In terms of committers, and according to this page, I count a
similar number or slightly higher of committers (50+) over the last year,
similar to over previous years (including those that seem more active in
terms of commit counts on the graph, like around 2010).

  S.

--
Stefane Fermigier - http://fermigier.com/ - http://twitter.com/sfermigier -
http://linkedin.com/in/sfermigier