On 07. 07. 21 3:58, Ethan Furman wrote:
On 6/29/21 9:50 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> the Steering Council strongly suggests that for Python 3.10, the changes in Enum’s > str and repr be reverted back to the Python 3.9 behavior, and that a PEP be written
 > for Python 3.11.

I was unable to revert just the str and repr changes in the time available as many of them were integral to fixes and improvements made to Flag.  As a result the enum in 3.10 will be the same as 3.9 (complete module reversion).

Hello Ethan.

I see the revert was merged with the "skip news" label. The changelog now mentions the original change, but not the revert.

Is it possible to mention this retroactively in the 3.10.0b4 changelog, or is that frozen now? I think it's important to document this for maintainers of codebases that already adapted their code to the new behavior with an if Python version >= 3.10 conditional.

Thanks for considering,
--
Miro Hrončok