I didn't meant to bring back backticks, but to use the semantics they have in
shell languages of using backslashes to escape nested substitutions, like this:

f"string {code f\"string2 \{code2\} string2\" code} string"

Upon reflection though, I agree that since we already use brackets which lend
themselves to nesting, it probably does make more sense to use them for nesting.