Your configure script did pick up openssl as the support version was not
found.

What is your operating system? Make sure you have supported version of
ssl. Python requires openssl 1.1.1 or higher.

On Mac, I had to use brew to install it and --with-openssl flag.

On some linux machines, I have had to download openssl, compile it, and
point my the configure script to (location I compiled openssl).
CFLAGS="-I$HOME/openssl/include" LDFLAGS="-L$HOME/openssl/lib"

Thank you,
Senthil