[Guido]
> I don't think there's a way to do a PGO build from Visual Studio; but
> a command prompt in the repo can do it using `PCbuild\build.bat --pgo`.
> Just be patient with it.

Thanks! That worked, and was easy, and gave me an executable that runs
"// 10" at supernatural speed.

Alas, Visual Studio will not show a disassembly window unless the
debugger is running, and there appears to be no way to convince it to
run its debugger without it first recompiling the source file you're
staring at. Which it recomplies without benefit of PGO.

So, in the end, it was an elaborate way to reproduce the ;non-PGO
optimized machine code I already saw :-)