Hi,

My PEP 674 proposed to change PyDescr_TYPE() and PyDescr_NAME()
macros. This change breaks M2Crypto and mecab-python3 projects in code
generated by SWIG. I tried two solutions to prevent SWIG accessing
PyDescrObject members directly:
https://bugs.python.org/issue46538

At the end, IMO it's too much work, whereas there is no need in the
short term to modify the PyDescrObject structure, or structure
inheriting from PyDescrObject.

So I excluded PyDescr_TYPE() and PyDescr_NAME() macros from PEP 674 to
leave them unchanged:
https://python.github.io/peps/pep-0674/#pydescr-name-and-pydescr-type-are-left-unchanged

Today, the PEP 674 only affects 9 projects on the top 5000 PyPI
projects (+ 22 projects which have to re-run Cython).

Victor