Does HPy have any clear guidance or assistance for their users to keep it up to date?

I'm concerned that if we simply substitute "support the C API for everyone" with "support the C API for every version of HPy" we're no better off.

I think it can be done with clear communication from the HPy project (and us when we endorse it) that they will *never* break compatibility and it's *always* safe (and indeed, essential) for their users to use the latest version. But that's a big commitment that I can't sign them up for.

Cython seems to manage it okay. I can't remember the last compat issue I had there that wasn't on our (C-API) side.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Steve