So you're proposing to completely get rid of those three? And you're sure
that each and every single call to any of those is better off being an
assert()?

(I still haven't gotten into the habit of building in debug mode by
default, in part because it *isn't* the default when you invoke ./configure
or PCbuild/build.bat.)

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)
*Pronouns: he/him **(why is my pronoun here?)*