While I don't think it's fine to play devil's advocate, given the choice between "this will help a common production use-case" (pre-fork servers) and "this could hurt a hypothetical production use case" (long-running applications that reload modules enough times this could waste a significant amount of memory), I think the former is more important.

//arry/